Since 2012, HTS has partnered with Scotland’s FE colleges and universities including Edinburgh College, Napier University, The Open University, SRUC and UWS to provide qualified specialist tutors, ASC mentors, mental health mentors, note-takers and study assistants for disabled students.
All of our support workers are fully qualified, GTC Scotland-registered teachers and/or at least SCQF Level-9 qualified 3rd level support specialists. HTS is also a Disclosure Scotland-Registered Body and all tutors undergo stringent PVG Scheme checks and 2-stage interview prior to working with any students.
Ranked no. 1* in tender process
- HTS is ranked* No 1 amongst competitive tendering agencies for general non-medical help and ASC mentor provision lots in the Public Tender Award for Edinburgh College, 2019-2021
- During the Public Tender process, HTS scored 71.5/75 in the Technical Score for both ASC provision and general NMH provision categories
We provide a responsive, student-centred service and this is reflected in the results we achieve. In 2019-2020:
- 95% of students in receipt of HTS’ support described themselves as “very satisfied” with the service.
- 93% felt that their tutors met their specific needs “extremely well” or “very well”.
- See some of our testimonials here
We would greatly welcome the opportunity to demonstrate how we’ve achieved this record and discuss how we can help to meet your student support requirements. Please contact us or call 0131 4630001 for more information.
“Allowing a student with a hidden disability (ADHD, Anxiety, Dyslexia) to struggle academically or socially when all that is needed for success are appropriate accomodations and explicit instruction, is no different than failing to provide a ramp for a person in a wheelchair”