Home Tuition Scotland leads the field on college and university student safety.
In 2020/2021, HTS is the only disabled student support agency which is a Registered Body with Disclosure Scotland. This means that we are accredited by Disclosure Scotland to process and counter-sign PVG scheme membership applications from all of our support workers. Importantly, Disclosure Scotland will contact HTS directly about any new considerations about support workers – other agencies rely on their support worker informing them of any new convictions, for example.
HTS is therefore the only NMH support provider in Scotland which guarantees that every tutor and support worker is a:
1. Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme member with an agency counter-signed scheme update
2. is registered with a DSA-QAG recognised/General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTC Scotland)/other relevant professional body and/or has significant experience in their support field
4. Undergoes a stringent recruitment process including a comprehensive interview, reference-checks and induction process.
before they will be offered any students to work with.
We’ll be delighted to demonstrate how this guarantee can benefit your college or university and help meet the safeguarding responsibilities to your students. Please contact us today.
In addition, our tutors will only agree to teach a student if:
1. the tuition takes place in a public place (University library, coffee shop, public library), unless a home visit is specifically requested in writing.
2. there is an adult parent or guardian (over 18) present in the home, if the student is in a protected group and/or under 18.
We place student safety above profits. We do not take risks with student safety.
We’re currently lobbying our Governmental and non-governmental partners to implement a licensing system for student support and tuition services in Scotland. Comprehensive legislation should be introduced as soon as possible to ensure all NMH providers adhere to minimum student safety standards.
Please book with confidence today.
If you would like further information or a detailed demonstration of HTS Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, please contact us today.